Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Cries for Life

I remember when I was in Palestine. Faces aching for tomorrow...for a day when their children would be safe to walk down the street...when they could walk in their town without a gun barrel staring them in the face. I remember farmers staring through a fence...an old woman looking at her field...no longer hers. Americans have a difficult time comprehending occupation, annexation, check points. I know I did. Its an unnatural thing to us. Today as many people go the gas station to complain about their gas prices, relatives mourn the loss of a mother, aunt, wife, daughter. As more families lose their livelihood to walls and fences, Israeli "negotiators" claim there is no partner for peace. Perhaps they have all been shot.

Actions create reactions. Some will rise above evil, other will follow in its footsteps. As you take in the CNN scenes from Israel and Palestine today and are convinced of Israel's moral superiority, remember that someone told you different. Remember that the news falling through the cracks are lives of people you never knew...children, fathers, mothers, "terrorists" or as I like to refer to them...people. I don't know why I meet so much disagreement in my homeland on this situation. Maybe God has spoken to my counterparts, giving them the divine scoop on a land they have never witnessed. I never thought God told his followers who they were justified to ignore. Please remember the faces you have never seen...or you may never have the chance to know just how beautiful they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home